Tuesday, September 07, 2004

How Fat is too Fat

Throughout my life, I've been what people here (in North India) politely refer to as healthy. What that basically means is someone who's definitely fat beyond fit, but not quite obese. Up until a month ago, I was okay being the bulky one among my set of friends and didn't even mind the occasional fib on my weight. Recently though, I discovered to my surprise that I now weigh close to 77kgs. Now that might not seem like a big problem, but when you're 5'8'' tall and the spare tyre begins to show, it becomes a problem.

I have since decided to take up some sort of excercise regimen to cut down on my flab. The way I saw it, I had two choices, give up beer, or start excercising. If you know me, you know that giving up beer is definitely not a possibility. So there. I now go out walking every evening (actually I only started two days ago) for about 40 minutes. I figure I cover about 2.5 kms in that time judging by the size of the park. I intend to turn my walking into jogging by the end of next week. Let's see how this goes. Any advice of course is appreciated. Keep in mind though that this is the first time in my life that I am doing excercise for the sake of keeping fit, and other than roller skating, I've never really taken an active interest in any sport.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am 6 feet tall weigh 87KGs. Have some spare tyres too around my belly. Seldom gets to drink beer. No exercise except typing and mouse clicking...

Do I need exercis? :|

3:03 AM, September 08, 2004  
Blogger Arun said...

Maybe you do, maybe you don't! Its for you to decide, and me to find out :)

10:51 AM, September 10, 2004  
Blogger Arun said...

My point exactly. By the way, its been three days since I last went for a walk. Been working hard. Maybe stress'll do what physical excursion couldn't.

1:15 PM, September 13, 2004  
Blogger Simon said...

I've found that by having salad, not sandwiches for lunch, not having second helpings, not snacking between meals, and eating more vegetables that meat, I have lost 2 stone, sorry, 12.7 kilos this year. No exercise necessary.

6:05 AM, October 14, 2004  
Blogger Arun said...

Hmm...might give that a try. Incidentally Simon, you a brit? I ask because you used the stone measure.

1:26 AM, October 15, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err-333
I am 5 11 & 60 Kgs I eat everything but i can get any bulk :| Donate fat

1:50 PM, November 17, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home