Saturday, January 15, 2005

Blogger Solidarity

I suppose I could adopt an "I told you so" attitude to it, but I really can't. If it hadn't been for the lack of certain geeky features, my blog too would've been hosted on livejournal.com. Especially since 90% of my friends chose to put up their rants/thoughts there. If you haven't heard the news yet, the servers of livejournal went down, totally down. The situation's so bad that even their home page isn't available anymore. All the poor guys have got up is a time-stamped account (dare I say blog?) of their desperate efforts to remedy the situation.

In this time of darkness (pun fully intended), I would like to express support and solidarity to the folks who've temporarily (I hope) lost their blogs to digital oblivion. This might seem overtly dramatic to some of you, but you wouldn't believe the amount of value some people attach to their blog. And why shouldn't they? After all, aren't blogs the "Dear diaries" of the digital age? So here's to all you live journal users: May your blogs come back to life without any problems, and lets hope something like this NEVER happens here at blogspot(Whoops! Did I just jinx blogspot??).

5 Comments:

Blogger sam said...

You may have set in motion events that will end up destroying blogger. Murphy's Law, dude.

9:39 AM, January 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent the entire weekend in depression that lead to me going on a movie-watching spree.

anupma

4:59 PM, January 19, 2005  
Blogger Arun said...

I've been hit by ol' murphy before. Don't scare me no more! Hai! (More haikus!!). I do realise how hard it can be to lose a blog Anupma. I used to know a guy in school who spent a week moping after he lost his account on H2G2. This was so long ago that they weren't even called blogs. But I imagine its somewhat like losing a diary, knowing that it might never come back. Yikes! But Sam tells me LJs back, so happy blogging!

11:12 AM, January 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

blogger was quite prone until google stepped in. :D

3:39 PM, February 01, 2005  
Blogger Arun said...

And I stepped in after Google did. Hooray for me!!!

10:06 AM, February 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home