Monday, January 23, 2006

If People Were Shapes

Every once in a while, its fun to squint your eyes and look at life and people from a skewed perspective. Studies have shown that most people have an inherent understanding of geometry without having the need to be taught even the most basic principles. After all, we do live in a 3-dimensional world. But enough of that. What would you do if you were asked to describe yourself/others as a shape? I've gotten used to doing that as I go through my day. It doesn't always have to do with the way people look (although that does play a big role in it). In fact, it also has a lot to do with how their personality works. The abrasive ones end up with more edges, the smoother ones end up with less. The more honest or to the point ones get a lot of straight lines, where as the round talkers get more curves :)

This whole people as shapes thing has turned into a major obsession with me. I'm still surprised at the number of shapes I can come up with. Try it sometime, and you'll see how much fun it can be. Especially in boring meetings where you can fill your notepad with sketches of squares, triangles, cubes and pyramids sitting around a table. Although thinking of the shape a person is while talking to them isn't very advisable. There's this girl in the office who has a pointy head and a slightly squeaky voice. In my head she's a cone and I swear I can't talk to her without looking at the top of her head (the pointy part :)). She probably thinks I'm either some sort of freak or too distracted to talk to her. Aside from that though, its all great fun. I spoke to a few friends a few days ago and we came up with some very interesting shapes for each other. Everybody thought, and I agreed, that I am probably an oval. Still can't explain exactly why. Probably has a something to do with my body shape. Or maybe with the fact that I can't really make up my mind about anything.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

An oval, you say? Warrants investigation.

6:04 AM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Arun said...

Sush, your friend agrees to the oval assessment. Ask her sometime.

As for you sam "sa", investigate away!

41

10:06 AM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home